Friday, June 4, 2010

First Day of Work

I am almost finished with my first day of work at Prolena, in which I have continued to resarch the gasification technology that I will be working on. My host family is extremelly nice. I am staying with an older man and his sister in the northeast section of La Paz. There really isn´t a bad view from anywhere, the city is gorgeous, and you can always see their large mountain in the background. I have seen some of the city, but will see more this weekend. It took a little bit getting used to the altitude, I literally get winded walking up the steps to my house. Getting to and from work is going to prove to be a little difficult because I have to take these mini busses, which should fit about 10 people, but they will cram about 15 in them. I have to get on at one block, off at another, and then get on another one to finally get dropped off at work, oh and there are barely any steet signs. Luckily I have not had any kind of illness yet (knock on wood), and most of my meals have consisted of pork and potatoes. My family has this papay soda, which is delicious. I still am nervous about some things, but I´m sure that will wear off with time. I will wirte again soon.

1 comment:

  1. there we go! see letting us know details is not that hard! im glad you are doing well and not getting too sick from the altitude. reed is here this weekend and we both wish you were here! take lots of pictures and try to call again soon! im so mad that my parents got to talk to you today (reed says hi) but i didn't.

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete