Monday, June 7, 2010

Friday I had my frist experince of riding in a mini-bus by myself. In order to get back to my district, Villa Fatima, I have to take two mini-buses. The first ride was successfull but the second, not so much. I had a little trouble catching the second bus, I had to walk a little while, but eventually found the right bus to take. On Saturday I had lunch with Julio and his son and grandson. His grandson invited me to his house later that night to watch Lord of the Rings with him and some friends.

Sunday I had the opportunity to go to a Bolivian soccer game in the La Paz stadium. Boliviar, which was the favored team to win ended up losing 1 to 0, but still it was quite an experience. The seats were only 20 Bolivianos and were not bad at all because the seats were not assigned. We sat at centerfield. If I didn´t mention this earlier, there are a lot of stray dogs in Bolivia, and one ended up in the stadium, and then later on in the game we saw it on the field.

Monday at work, was pretty uneventful, still researching and designing the plans for the gasifier that we are going to build this summer (winter in Bolivia). For lunch we went to Eli´s a restaurant close by and got fried chicken, fires, and something I wasn´t expecting, fried banana slices - delicious. I finally have gotten down how to use the mini-buses to get back to where I live, Villa Fatima.

Today, Tuesday, at work we have found a good site to help with dimensions for the gasifier specific to how much power you want to output. I know i have said it already but I can´t stress enough how beautiful the view is from our shop. As soon as I can upload photos I will. For lunch we went to a restaurant that specialized in these pot pie type things called saltiƱas, I had four, two chicken (pollo) and two of some kind of meat (carne). They were delicious as well, and that was probably my favorite lunch here so far. We decided to treat ourselves after lunch to a little ice cream. We found an ice cream place that sold gelato. Of course I got my favorite, pistattio. Mom you would have loved it.

I would say that I am getting pretty comforatable now with getting around using the mini-buses. I hope all is well back in the states.

2 comments:

  1. dont you dare get lost again! I was worried sick. did you hold someone's hand as you crossed the street? you better not be talking to strangers. get enough sleep at night as well! (who am I? Mrs. A)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan I am loving your posts about Bolivia. It brings back lots of memories. The gelato in Bolivia is so good. If you like coconut you shoudl try that next time it was my favorite in Bolivia. Glad you are getting used to the mini buses, it is really hard to explain how ridiculous they are. Keep having a great time!

    ReplyDelete