Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gasification is Coming Along

I don´t think I explained what gasification was in earlier post so I will explain now so you have a better idea of what exactly I am working on. Gasification is the process of taking a biomass material like wood and converting it into a more efficient and usable gas. My job this summer is to desin and build a gasifier to accomplish this. So far I have found some pretty good designs on the internet and tomorrow we are going to have a meeting to determine what design we want to go with. If we can accomplish building a successfull gasifier it would be incredible, thats not to say that it will be easy though.
Tonight Julio, my host dad invited me to come to have tea and pastries with some of his family and friends who live directly below us. When he said pastries, he wasn´t kidding. There were tea cookies, an assortment of differnt kinds of bread, and some bread with guacamole that was delicious. My favorite out of everything was the banana nut bread. We all sat and talked, or I should say they all talked and I listened because I am still learning spanish. I was able to answer certain questions and laugh when I knew a joke was at my expense. I am getting there though. Julio said that his son either teaches a class or knows of a class that is fairly inexpensive that I could take to help further with my learning of the language. I think I am going to take him up on this because the class would only be 1 or 2 times a week. Julio and I practice every night our vocabulary; my spanish and his english.

No comments:

Post a Comment